Tuesday, May 26, 2009

God Shaped Hole in Mah Soul

i have been trying to come up with a theme for this blog and in doing so i realized that i don't really have any interests that i know enough about to follow regularly. i mean i have a lot of hobbies but no one that sticks out as a steady passion other than travel and i don't do that right now haha so i've got nothing... i know a little bit about a lot of things, but not a lot about any of them and i have been looking at this in a negative light but maybe it's not so bad....
i mean i'm the first to admit that my pursuit of interests resembles a style of addict behavior, and when i look at it that way i definitely recognize that my mess of random activities is a little insane and that maybe i'm trying to fill a void inside me or something... here's how it usually plays out... i hear about something that i am mildly curious (or REALLY curious) about... i become obsesssssed with the new idea or activity... i want to learn everything there is to know about it and do it all the time and then eventually i get overwhelmed or bored and drop the hobby and then there is a lull before i find my next endeavor.
yes, when it's laid out that way it sounds negative, BUT at the same time, aren't i really just innocently exploring life like everyone else ableit slightly more "passionately" (some would say chaotically or obsessively; i like passionately)? because i don't think i am looking for a hobby or interest or man to DEFINE me. i am not trying out these things because i am hoping they will fill a void because i already have my main interest which is my relationship with God. so i am really just seeking them for enrichment and isn't that just life? i don't know that being fickle and having an impulsive nature is actually something bad or if it is just a part of my personality. besides, most people do the same thing anyway right? i mean even if your passion is sports, or food, or music you still have other smaller interests right? so i guess God would be my blog theme :) well i have to rule that out because it's too personal...
SO reaaaally i guess my blog will just have no theme... it will just be about nothing specific. I'll just occasionally rant on my "passionate" endeavors and anything else i find interesting as i try to enrich my life and figure out who God wants me to be.
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. this is a beautiful entry, julie.

    i believe life is like a puzzle, and it takes a lifetime to put all the pieces in place. what fun is it if there is only one, big piece? of course, there has to be millions and millions of tiny little pieces that one collects from every place they go.

    that's just my two cents. i can't figure out how to follow your blog!

    ReplyDelete