Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Whatchya Readin?

I loveeeeeeeeed this book..... read it. I read it a few months ago but came across it just now when i was cleaning out my nightstand......
reading has always been a big part of my life but i only enjoy certain styles... i like my share of the classics and books that make me think, but i don't care for heavy reading.... i spent a summer living with a girl who read russian novels and seriously i think she hated them and just wanted to look smart.... i'd much rather enjoy my reading than have to look up words or re-read pages to make sure i can grasp the concepts ahaha... then again to each his own :)
anyways i loooved this book.... it's a series of essays written by this girl that really have nothing to do with one another.... they're just wicked funny. i love books like this. the first book i remember reading that was similar to this style was "The Girls' Guide to Fishing and Hunting" by melissa bank.... i loved that and also loved her second book "The Wonder Spot." they are nowhere near as funny as crosley's essays (i literally laughed out loud during her book) but they're equally enthralling.... this style of writing is mostly just like getting a glimpse into someone's life. i don't know why i love it but i do. it's my fave.
i also just recently discovered david sedaris.... i tried to read "Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim" a few years ago and forgot about it after the first chapter. i don't know why i didn't like it back then but now i LOVED it... i finished it last night and am now starting on "Me Talk Pretty One Day" which i hear is equally hilarious.

I think one reason i love these kinds of books so much is that i can pick them up and put them down whenever i want because they're just a buncha short stories so it doesn't matter if i forget where i am you know? because if you know me at all you know that my nightstand has about 12 books on it at once and i'm usually actively reading at least 4 of them :)..... incorporating a book like this in allows me to take a break from my "serious" books and laugh for a night and not stress if i don't come back to it for a few weeks..... although, truth be told, if i start reading one of these i'm gonna forget about the rest of my books until it's done anyways heheh.........
alright well that's it for tonight... back to the books ;)
xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment