Friday, May 14, 2010

So Says I

So Says I

I can't shy away from this,
though I really wish I could.
I think it'd do us all some good...
I have every intention of going where I go
left, left, right, left...
Sometimes I miss it- There, I said it.
But I'm not a broken heart, I just wanted to be alone.
I'm not a sinking ship, I'm just testing the water.
I'm not a lost soul, I'm just wandering around.
So says I...

We shed a snake skin
This life is dripping in,
I'm going to trace it to the source.
That life is fading out...
The cost of evolution is the once familiar
I don't really miss it- There, I said it.

I'm not a passenger, I'm just along for the ride.
I'm not a phantom limb, it's just sometimes I get the itch.
I'm not a lost soul, I'm just wandering around.
So says I...

This is how we turn into ourselves...
Carry on, carry on...
I'm not a broken heart, I just wanted to be alone.
I'm not a sinking ship, I’m just testing the water.
I'm not a lost soul, I'm just wandering around.
So says I...

No comments:

Post a Comment