Thursday, March 24, 2011

Kale Crisps

So one of the other teachers brought in these kale crisps she made after finding the recipe in Real Simple recently and they were AMAZING so I had to make them myself and share them on here.... I have only had kale one other time that I can think of and I hated it, but this is an unbelievably delicious way to enjoy this "powerhouse food." It's loaded with a bunch of um... healthy stuff :)
So the first step is to wash and shred the kale... then drizzle olive oil on it (I used Trader Joe's California Estate olive oil which I love because of the peppery-grassy flavor) and sprinkle it with salt and pepper (I also sprinkled a little garlic salt). Then bake at 300 degrees for about 20-30 minutes or until they are crispy... The picture above is from before, and the picture below is after..... they look kind of gross, but trust me, they are SO yummy.... my coworker said they kind of "melt in your mouth" and that's the perfect description.... mmm addicting....
Anyways, other than baking kale, I haven't done too much this evening.... I had work all day and then class all night and then I went to a meeting and the grocery store.... I want to knit a pair of crazy colored socks because we have "silly sock day" next week :) but I am working on 3 bday gifts that I want to have done by this weekend..... Christin is turning 30, Rachel is turning 25 and Jody is turning 21.... it's like the 3 most monumental ages to turn heh..... so yep, socks will have to wait for Sunday...... now I'm gonna get back to knitting and enjoy these yummy kale crisps :)
xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment