Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Wherever you are, there you are.

So I know I haven't blogged in awhile....
I got busy for a little while and, as usual, after a few days I start to feel like I have nothing to blog about... but here's a little something for today....
Sometimes I feel like I am so far behind where I should be... And I knoooow that sounds so lame, blah, blah, blah I KNOW intellectually that I am the only one who places expectations on myself and I shouldn't compare my insides to anyone else's outsides.... but still. Sometimes I do and this week has been one of those weeks...
And really, at the end of the day, I really do know at the core of me that I'm right where I'm supposed to be.... I can only move at my own pace... I can push myself but I can only push myself so far and if it's a still a little slower than everyone else than that's just going to have to be good enough for now.... I'm living a life that makes me feel safe and satisfied today and I know that the only person who I need to make proud is myself and as long as I can accept where I'm at then I can be proud, even if it's not where I really want to be.
Me & Betsy in one of the swimming holes
I went hiking this past weekend through this unbelievable trail in the Jim Thorpe mountains in the Poconos called Glen Onoko falls and it was soooo much steeper than I was anticipating! It was more like rock climbing through mud and brush haha but it was so much fun and there were little areas to stop and splash in water all along the way. I was getting frustrated with myself because I was being extra cautious and I got stuck at one part and I was cursing myself out and my friend just said "Slow and steady is fine!" and you know what, he was right. I ended up making it to the very top of the waterfall in my own time and I enjoyed the whole thing because I let myself go at my own pace. I think that's interesting... I think everything will turn out fine, no, I know it will, if I just let myself relax and have a little faith. I'm right where I'm supposed to be, whether I like it or not heh.....
I don't know if any of this makes any sense but thanks for listening, blogger. You're the best...Now I'm going to have some homemade ginger snaps (THAT makes me proud!!!!!) and watch an episode of the wire with the kitties before bed :)
xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment