Friday, August 26, 2011

Massachusetts visit....

So I went to Massachusetts for the weekend... It started off rough but it turned out to be a wonderful visit :)..... I forgot my ID (yup) and had to go through hell with airport security but they let me on just in time and I made it up to Rhode Island after a thunderstorm delay bahhh........... My mother and one of my brothers picked me up at the airport and I went straight home and was fast asleep to the sound of crickets in like 7 seconds flat :)
The wedding was the next day... they got married on a beautiful hillside with cows roaming in the background heh it was so lovely. The reception was in a barn and it was picture perfect, as was the happy couple!
The wedding was fun and it was great to see all of my girlfriends from college. I miss them a lot!
The next day I got to see one of my best friends from high school and her new baby girl. I cannot believe she is a mother. She is one of the absolute most amazing women I have ever known and she will make a real good mom. Seeing her interact with her daughter blew my mind.... I knit a sweater for baby, Claire, but it's too big! I did that on purpose though because that way she is garunteed to fit into it one day heh....
The next morning I went to brunch with my mom and my brother, Steve, on the river and then we went to a farm to try and go raspberry picking. They were pretty much picked over so we got a few of the last good ones and then went and picked wild flowers instead. It was a wonderful morning and then I caught a plane back to Philadelphia in the evening after yet another rain delay (5 hours!)
All in all it was a great weekend.... a little emotionally charged as visiting family always is, but I couldn't have asked for a better couple of days in Massachusetts :)......
Sweet Dreams, Blogger...
xox0x

No comments:

Post a Comment