Wednesday, August 17, 2011

New Knits

Here is a pic of the fingerless mitts I just finished...... I really like the picot edging and they were a super fast project. I would like to add some lace detail to the body though next time I think...
Also, I bought these new blocking pins so I was finally able to block the scarf I made earlier this summer! I had made a similar one for myself last winter in taupe but I think the blocking really makes a difference. I tried to use them on the green shawl I made in Alaska too but the pins don't quite do the trick for such a large piece... I will need to get some blocking wires instead :( but here is a basic idea of the pattern... The maroon pic below is the scarf which I will sew closed into a cowl :)...
Today is the last day we take the kids to the pool YAY yippy summer is almost over heh this morning I can even smell fall (or maybe that's just rain but oh well)! Have a great day, blogger...
xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment